Friday, April 24, 2009

Saturday night... fever (sorry - I tried to resist)

Hunger brings us back on the ship. Well, one of us is hungry anyway. I enjoy today, more than ever, the appetizing display of fruits. Then I go back to sleep. I sleep through the farewell pool concert with the New Birth Brass Band, through the autograph session with Poncho Sanchez, the wine hour featuring Roberta Gambarini's latest CD....

The concert tonight is the Marcus Miller band again. I think I'll skip it this time. Loved it the first time, but I'll save my last Denoral for dinner. I want to go and chat up the neighbors again, try and make a better impression than last night maybe. But I'm still nauseated and not hungry (between the healthy snacks and the flu, I'll end up being the only person who has lost weight on the cruise!!!). We do have a lovely dinner again. I learn that the brother from New Orleans is named Dean Ellis. He is a DJ on the local jazz radio station and works at Emeril's restaurant Nola. Cool. I'll make sure to call upon him if I ever get back to NO. I'm putting a link to his show's podcasts on the blog. Go check it out!

Again, I wish I could hang out more, but... oh, does that pillow feel good.

No comments: