Saturday, February 07, 2009

Lundi, Em wears a Playboy T-shirt








Time for the Playboy free-booze-for-all-except-for-freshly-detoxified-me Party. I go to the cabin to change into the T-shirt, and do my hair. It's bad enough I have to wear a T-shirt I didn't get a chance to customize, I can't go down there looking like a witch, even a detoxed witch. When I finally make it there, it's worth it...

The New Birth Brass Band is channeling Cab Calloway. Interminable trumpet solos that makes your soul drip inside (I know, I keep dripping...), and just when you'd decided it's time to jump into the pool and drown, they go back into a spirited Hi-De-Hi-De-Ho that reconciles you with the world and makes your hips sway independently of your brain. Everyone has a silly smile on their faces. Jazz does that. It's amazing to see it in full day, by a pool, in the middle of the Caribbean sea.

No comments: