Thursday, July 01, 2010

Did I mention I loved London?

Trafalgar Square



The Piccadilly line



The helmet of the Bobby and the tie of the reporter (as in the Spirou et Fantasio comics, which are his way in to French reading and education)



Another highlight was a divine lunch and afternoon in Hampstead. When I was 10, I stayed with the Alexanders, my dad's American friends, who were spending a year in London. Several years ago I went back and found the street where they lived in Hampstead. I didn't try this time and I didn't recognize anything. It was still magical. I had a lovely French meal with a friend.



Then we leisurely strolled trying to get lost on the Heath. The day was unbelievably warm and we entertained ourselves watching the rather risqué spectacle of couples under every other tree.  


No comments: