Saturday, March 07, 2009

Tuesday night concert and dinner

We re-embark on the ship and run to the room to refresh and change. There's another concert waiting for us. First part is a one-man show by Keb'Mo, as wonderful as the previous show. The second half is the James Carter trio - he on the sax with a organist and a drums guy. These are the only ones I won't remember or recognize later. They are entertaining for a while; but then, they play higher and higher and faster and faster, and it becomes cacophonic. And we are kind of happy when it stops, sadly.

At dinner, we find our nice little table for two next to two walls. Ronald, the adorable waiter from last time is here. The sommelier is a woman, who brings me a delicious lemon drop. The food is really excellent. The conversation too - I talk to dad more than I have in the last ten years. Next to us is only one table for four - it says "reserved". So we wait to see who comes in. Three gentlemen. From where I am, I can only see one. When they leave, they say "bonsoir" - in French. So nice. Dad says they  must be two brothers, as they look very much alike. I was facing the dad. It's the dad and kids dinner corner!!!

Ronald promises that he's put a "reserved" sign for us too if we want. 

No comments: